That being said here is why I decided to leave:
1) They changed their algorithms so that businesses are less likely to appear in people's news feeds unless businesses pay for advertising.
2) When businesses pay for advertising it will most likely result in some extra page likes but most likely not customer conversions. That is up to page owners to publish ongoing page content that results in conversions (which makes sense).
3) Mixing up posts and not just 'selling' to people is what people want to see (makes sense), yet even with mixing up posts with tips, funnies, facts, videos, product information etc. it was rare to get any engagement no matter how varied the posts were. Comments were rare, post likes were rare, page reach varied anywhere from 25 to hundreds. This is happening with many business pages on FB leaving many business owners feeling a tad dejected, unloved and unappreciated, and like they're talking to themselves.
These two posts were a couple of JOLI's most popular posts with amazing reach yet they didn't convert to new customers (and it takes time to put images like this together). Sadly it's a lot of effort for little return.
|quality & natural doesn't have to mean expensive|
|Animal testing, don' support it!|
5) Sometimes people would only make purchases while interaction / friendships were maintained on FB, unfriend someone and they'd stop purchasing. This is not the customer base I'm looking for. I want people who are looking for genuine natural products, who have found that in JOLI and want to maintain that healthy skin care choice (FB or no FB).
6) Before FB, before the internet, businesses were successful. There is no reason why businesses can't still be successful by other means aside from social media. I'm going to invest in other avenues and see what momentum I can gather from that.
7) From a personal perspective friendships were ignored because FB kept everyone up to date. No one needed to make actual contact with actual get-togethers because they felt they were keeping in touch (via FB). Since exiting FB genuine friends are getting back in touch and actually planning catch-ups. Yay!
Not to mention I've escape the shiny happy (fake) people on FB who only ever talk about how rainbows and sunshine their life is. When things aren't going well, and friends aren't keeping in touch, fake perfect lives can be hard to stomach. I don't have to worry about that anymore because I'm seeing real friends in real life and keeping it real ;o)
Customers are still messaging me via email (because they have direct access to me once they become customers) and I get to talk to them there, answer their queries and share information. They can also read the latest news and find out about current specials via the monthly Indulgence (newsletter*). Or leave comments on the website blog and this JOLI blogspot (where I share recipes, DIY, chemical information, reviews etc. A veritable wealth of information!!).
*Sign up for our newsletter and receive your FREE Essential Natural Beauty Guide ebook.
Look forward to seeing you around and hearing from you via other methods aside from FB xo